Revit Architecture

urprobablyright
Message 1 of 4 (2,297 Views)

'Incorrect Schema' Error...

2297 Views, 3 Replies
07-14-2012 07:05 AM

I was working on a file earlier today when it failed while processing after I edited a particularly extensive mass. It asked if I wanted to save a recovery file, I said yes, but I am not sure it worked properly (it might have said 'could not be saved' but i clicked 'OK' quickly so i could re-open revit and get on with work)

Anyways, when I went back to start again it said I had to manually recover the file and that I should ask Autodesk support. I looked on forums and they said i should go to the 'open' dialogue box, check the 'audit' box and reopen the file, but after doing this I got a second error message that said something along the lines of "your file has an incorrect schema'.

This project is not part of any collaboration, it's standalone and on my home PC.

I couldn't find any email to write to, or number to call, or FAQ, so here I am.

This is the third damned problem I've had with this file, might have something to do with a **** trojan on my computer chewing into my RAM but whatever the case it's time this crap stopped!

Valued Contributor
vector3
Message 2 of 4 (2,291 Views)

Re: 'Incorrect Schema' Error...

07-14-2012 08:13 AM in reply to: urprobablyright

Well you didn't say what version of Revit. If 2013, expect more crashes

until the first update.

I think a lot of Revit users have the wrong idea about what crashes mean

and how to deal with them.

Crashes are perfectly normal for Revit. 

When Revit crashes, you simply restart the program and you will be back

on track in seconds.

The real issue with managing crashes is learning how to hit that little save

button every time you satisfactorily finish some little addition to the model

that took you 5 or 10 minutes to complete. So there is actually no reason

to ever complain about Revit crashing, because that's just the way it all works.

Active Contributor
zeralot
Message 3 of 4 (1,861 Views)

01-23-2013 02:10 PM in reply to: urprobablyright

I'm having the same issue on one of my revit files for 2013. 

Though for me it's only a referance file so it might get fixed once the file is revised.

But if i find a way to fix the issue i'll post it here.

Active Contributor
zeralot
Message 4 of 4 (1,857 Views)

01-23-2013 03:29 PM in reply to: urprobablyright

I had a quick check on other forums and they could only sugest making a new local file.

So what i did was made a local file of the model, then from the local file I "save as" and made a new central model.

Make a copy of the orignal file just in case something is lost during the above process.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube