Revit Architecture

jill
Message 11 of 24 (2,055 Views)

Re: Inches to the fourth power!

09-13-2012 04:32 AM in reply to: IMCornish

I am now having the same issue with a file (relatively small file - 11MB).  none of the other files i am using (larger 55MB to 100MB) are having the same issue.  I have tried having another user in another office open the file, it gives the same error dialogue box on the alternate computer -  "Inches to the fourth power" . did you experience this? or do you have any recommendations as to how to fix/resolve this error?

Mentor
IMCornish
Message 12 of 24 (2,040 Views)

09-13-2012 08:34 AM in reply to: jill

My issue was satisfied by using a more powerful computer to work the project but why your small project should behave in this way is a mystery if your large project files are not also.  Perhaps your opertaing system is not compatible, though I am only guessing.

One of the other guys might be able to shed some light on this issue.  I would still like to to have a comprehensive answer as to why this error warning is generated by Revit then we might have an accurate solution.  Surely someone at Autodesk must know?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
jill
Message 13 of 24 (2,033 Views)

09-13-2012 08:39 AM in reply to: IMCornish

I went back and grabbed the back-up of the file and it was fine.  I made the exact edits and saved the file.  the back-up is still working fine.  I am not sure but i think this proves that it is a fatal error message.  I wish i could get in touch with a tech support person from autodesk about this but. alas, they are elusive. 

thanks for the feedback! 

jill
Message 14 of 24 (2,032 Views)

09-13-2012 08:41 AM in reply to: jill

I should also note that both of the computers we tried this error sending file on exceed the software requirements published for the Revit 2013 version that we are running.  Again, I think it is just a software issue that needs to be resolved. 

Mentor
IMCornish
Message 15 of 24 (2,024 Views)

09-13-2012 09:02 AM in reply to: jill

Good to know that you have got over the problem and yes tech support guys are elusive but Alfredo_Medina might have some ideas. Perhaps he will have some ideas.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
rightdawn
Message 16 of 24 (1,980 Views)

09-17-2012 08:45 PM in reply to: jill

Okay,

Our office just ran into a major issue with a project file that was converted to 2013 about a month ago. We got to a point with 4 users out of a central model where once each of us closed out of the model no one was able to open the file. No error just lots of waiting and anxiety. 5-6 hours later and many hair pulling moments later, a co-worker opened the file at home with no problems and sent it back to the office. This file once detached from central gave the "inches to the forth power" message. Once this file was audited it finally opened. 

That was our work around, but the problem still makes no sense. Whatever the issue, we came close to loosing an entire model and starting from scratch for a 90% deadline in a day! 

Autodesk has to fix this!

Active Contributor
jmackniak
Message 17 of 24 (1,732 Views)

01-11-2013 09:58 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I don't believe it has anything to do with storage space. I receive the same error and we are operating REVIT on a network.

Active Contributor
jmackniak
Message 18 of 24 (1,728 Views)

01-11-2013 10:08 AM in reply to: jmackniak

Hello Autodesk,

What are you doing about this error message? Is there a known fix? Hello???

Mack

jill
Message 19 of 24 (1,682 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: jmackniak
I went back to a previous version. I was unsuccessful in finding a solution or anyone who was able to help me find one. --
Mentor
IMCornish
Message 20 of 24 (1,509 Views)

02-20-2013 05:15 AM in reply to: jmackniak

It really would be nice if someone from Autodesk acknowledged this problem and gave a satisfactory reason why it has been silent on the issue.  I first raised it in June last year so is anyone listening please?

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube