Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inches to the fourth power error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
restender2000
859 Views, 5 Replies

Inches to the fourth power error

Inches to the fourth power error:

PLTW CEA student saved a habitat project.  He is unable to open the file and gets an inched to the fourth prompt when trying to open the file.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: restender2000

Hello, welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Typically, this enigmatic error indicates that there is insufficient disk space.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 6
restender2000
in reply to: CoreyDaun

With the insignificant disc space-if disc space is cleared up, will the file open.

Or, will the student need to clear up disc space and then restart?

Rachel Stender, P.E. (inactive) MBA
Engineering Department Head
Walt Whitman High School
7100 Whittier Blvd.
Bethesda MD, 20817
301-320-6607
Message 4 of 6
CoreyDaun
in reply to: restender2000

I've not encountered this error myself so I am uncertain, but I imagine he would be able to open it without restarting. If the problem persists, try restarting it then. If you have any more trouble with this error, search this board for the term "Fourth Power" and there should be some additional information that pops up from previous threads.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 6

I have encountered this same issue. However I have tried copying the file to my desktop and with 110GB of free space I am still unable to open this 28MB file. Any ideas?

Message 6 of 6

Have you had this problem with other files of comparable size? If not, you may have a corrupt file, as suggested as a possibility in this thread so I would suggest opening a Support Case with Autodesk Support, if you are on subscription.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report