Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to assign materials by layer to a imported model

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
andre_dms
781 Views, 1 Reply

Impossible to assign materials by layer to a imported model

I'm importing a Sketchup model into a new family - from the wiki help ( http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/0061-Start_a_61/0066-Using_In66/007... ), it is possible to assign materials to each layer of the imported model.

All objects were exploded and put into layers on Sketchup before the file save, and materials were properly configured with graphics and appearance properties on Revit.

No matter what I put under materials on imported objects dialog, the model renders all black - it even loses the "preserved" colors from import, when the object styles window closes.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: andre_dms

I've had the same issues and have finally found a way that seems to work every time:

In sketchup:

- One layer per material (name each layer by the material)

- Explode all groups

- Erase all "in model"-materials (very important step! think that's what did the trick for me)

- Set colors "by layer"

In Revit:

- Import cad (colors: preserve, layers: specify)

- Only specify layers with materials (no default or layer 0)

If it doesnt work with the sketchup file, try exporting to dwg from sketchup and then import that one instead.

Hope it helps!

Victoria

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report