Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Revit file Issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mhamson
3082 Views, 7 Replies

Importing Revit file Issue

Hello,

I'm trying to import one Revit file into another. When I try to link the file I get a dialogue box that says:

"The import geometry will not be visible in the view using current settings. The Oringin of the import will be centered on the origin of the model instead. You can view the import in any view where its geometry is within the extents."

For this it sounds like the imported model is way off to the side or way up high or low but even in a view that I increase the extents to maximum i can't see the object.

I've tried "center to centre" and "origin to origin"

I've check in the visual graphic and can't see anything turned off.

The file i am imported ia a structural model export from Tekla that I imported into a Revit and cleaned up. Everything looks fine when i open the file on it's own.

Help?

Mike

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
troye
in reply to: mhamson

set the scale so it is the same. Be sure that the file you are trying to import does not have the file you are in linked back to it. In autocad it is called a circular reference, i am not sure what they call it in the BIM world. also be sure that the units are configured the same, inch to inch not inch to meter.

Message 3 of 8
mhamson
in reply to: troye

Just checked.. Units in both models are set to the same units. The model I am trying to bring in does not have any files linked into it. Mike
Message 4 of 8
mhamson

Funny thing is...if i bring my architectural model into the structural model...the reverse...it works fine and the building are overlaping in the same area.

Must be something to do with the visual graphics, cut planes.

Any other thoughts from anyone.

Mike

Message 5 of 8
mhamson

OK...got it...for some reason structural did all their work using "Phase 3". Not sure why they are "Phasing" options this project. I'll have to get them to switch it or switch it each time they send me a new file.

There is 3 hours of my life I will never get back.

Hope this saves someone else some time.

Thanks

Mike

Message 6 of 8
troye

hey look on the bright side, wel,l if you get paid by the hour there is a bright side

Message 7 of 8
mhamson
in reply to: troye

Yah.true.but the monitor I threw out the window in frustration will come out of my pay.L Mike
Message 8 of 8

Thanks Mike! I was wasting hours of my life till I found this post too. Structural and mechanical contractors decided they needed to be special on Phase 3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report