Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
rlewistx
Message 1 of 6 (133 Views)

Importing ADT files

133 Views, 5 Replies
02-04-2004 06:53 AM
I am new to Revit. I am working is Architectural Desktop 2004. Are there some white papers of how I can take a finished ADT model into Revit and render it? Would this be an appropriate thing to do, or should I stick with VIZ?

Any web links for integrating the two would be helpful.

Thanks.
*Aaron Rumple
Message 2 of 6 (133 Views)

Re: Importing ADT files

02-04-2004 09:36 AM in reply to: rlewistx
You could bring it into Revit, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort. You'll stil have to sort through a lot of material assignments just as you would in Viz. In fact in the time it takes you to get it all finished in ADT/Viz, I could brobably redraw it from scratch in Revit. "rlewistx" wrote in message news:24501856.1075906432494.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I am new to Revit. I am working is Architectural Desktop 2004. Are there some white papers of how I can take a finished ADT model into Revit and render it? Would this be an appropriate thing to do, or should I stick with VIZ? > > Any web links for integrating the two would be helpful. > > Thanks.
Distinguished Contributor
BobKellerman
Message 3 of 6 (133 Views)

02-08-2004 04:35 PM in reply to: rlewistx
Hi -- if you mean Vizrender (the only form of Viz that links to ADT2004 files), why would you want to bring the model into Revit to render? To my taste, Accurender's results are not as pretty as Viz family renderings, but they are good. If the model remains in ADT, you can link to Vizrender with one click.
If you don't want to recreate the model in Revit for some other reason, why go through the extra work? You can work from scratch in Revit next time. Am I missing something? If so, sorry.
Bob
PS-- I was told last March at an Autodesk roadshow that removing the "bought in" Accurender and replacing it with Autodesk's own product was slated for Revit 6. In the meantime, it turned out that Accurender was too deeply embedded to replace so quickly. I would expect that work continues on that, but have not heard more.
Valued Contributor
rlewistx
Message 4 of 6 (133 Views)

02-24-2004 07:46 PM in reply to: rlewistx
I guess what I'm trying to sort out is what is the best tool to use to render an ADT model. I have a house I created in ADT. Now I want to render it. Would I be better off using the VIZ render with ADT or would I get a better rendering if I use Revit? I have access to both.

Thanks.

Rich
*Greg Cashen
Message 5 of 6 (133 Views)

02-24-2004 10:41 PM in reply to: rlewistx
VIZ. "rlewistx" wrote in message news:2513536.1077680827018.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I guess what I'm trying to sort out is what is the best tool to use to render an ADT model. I have a house I created in ADT. Now I want to render it. Would I be better off using the VIZ render with ADT or would I get a better rendering if I use Revit? I have access to both. > > Thanks. > > Rich
Distinguished Contributor
Steve_Stafford
Message 6 of 6 (133 Views)

02-24-2004 10:44 PM in reply to: rlewistx
I'm going to assume you are not nearly familiar with Revit as ADT...so for this project, stick with ADT/VizRender. VizRender will do a very nice job for you. Try out your next project in Revit.
Message was edited by: Steve_Stafford

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube