Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported Geomerty

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
248 Views, 2 Replies

Imported Geomerty

Our comapny is about to start creating BIM content, and are unsure of weather to create it natively or in Inventor through the AEC Exchange. ive heard some bad things about revit and imported geometry, does this also refer to the adsk file format?

has anyone experienced difficulty using BIM content produced from imported geometry?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

I recommend you to create your Revit content in Revit, from scratch.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

we are a plumbing manufacturer, and currently already have products on Inventor. because our products being created are Taps for example they do not need to be parametric, why would we remodel in Revit?

It would be costly for our business to do this, but i am considering because as i said above i have heard a few bad things about imported geometry, but there is little to no information out there on this topic... Is adsk a viable way to create content?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report