Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import a GbxmL from Revit to Open studio within Sketchup - Spaces not translated

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2208 Views, 3 Replies

Import a GbxmL from Revit to Open studio within Sketchup - Spaces not translated

Hi,

I have created a model within revit architecture 2013 which I want to export as a gbxmL and open in the open studio 1.1.0 interface within sketchup. When I export the gbxmL model into sketchup it does not have a floor, and an error saying surface has two adjacent spaces which are the same space (warning repeated for each room), room will not be translated, and also surface has no adjacent spaces, will not be translated appears.

All spaces are bound to the floor and roof, and zones are correctly assigned, and the model has a location. There are no errors when the export to gbxml is to take place for analytical surfaces or for the rooms. Does anybody know what might be wrong in the way I have assigned rooms/spaces? And also why no floor is appearing?

Cheers,

Caitlin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
itajestur
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Did you ever manage to find a solution to that problem? I am getting exactly the same mysterious error and apparently there's something not quite right with the export/import of the gbxml, and not so much with the model itself? 

Thanks in advance!

Ira 

Message 3 of 4
usss01912
in reply to: Anonymous

I was asking to create an Revit model with Revit MEP, export to gbmxl, and import to Sketchup with Openstudio interface, while I was importing my model into Sketchup it gave me the same message that you had. I delayered my model and import my model into sketchup by part. Finally I found that I have a window modeled twice. After deleted that duplicated window my model imported into sketchup successfully!
Message 4 of 4
mit011
in reply to: itajestur

Have you found any solutions? I encountered the same issues and took a closer look. I just made a post about how I addressed these errors which might be helpful http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-general/errors-i-ve-noticed-when-importing-revit-...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report