Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Geometry Not Visible

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KBremner
4655 Views, 2 Replies

Import Geometry Not Visible

So I am having an issue with imported/linked files in a REIT 2014 file.

I open up the Architects model in Revit and wait for it to load, then I go and load a Revit file that i have created. When the file is being loaded I recieve a notice saying that "the import geometry will not be visible in teh view using the current settings." followed by "the Origin of the import will be centered on the origin of the model instead. You can view the import in any view where its geometry is within the extents."

(ill attach an image of that)

Now, ive tried moving my view section to show more of the model and still cannot find the linked file. However, if I load my file first and link the architects model everything works perfectly fine and are located exactly where they need to be. 

I know that most people will say just do it that way, but we are not allowed to. The Arch's model takes presidence and we need to work off loading into that file.

Our file was created in a program called Digital Project and saved out to a Revit file, as a side note.

Thanks for any help.

Kory Bremner
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jacksonam
in reply to: KBremner

Have you checked the phasing? 

Message 3 of 3
arunag
in reply to: KBremner

Some points to try:

1. Have you linked by origin to origin option?

2. You can say ZF(zoom to fit) in 3D view & try to see if its visible.Its most probably much higher or lower thats why it not visible in the section view

Aruna
School of Architecture
Ramaiah Institute of Technology
Bangalore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report