Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC import in revit 2009

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jinjin4028
347 Views, 3 Replies

IFC import in revit 2009

Hello, everyone, I am a student from South Korea, recently I try to import ifc file to revit 2009, but there are errors appeared, the error message is "can't keep elements joined". Is there someone who knows how to solve this error? Thanks much....
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
santacad
in reply to: jinjin4028

I will begin by saying that I do not have a lot of experience with IFCs - but then, I don't know a lot of folks who do either... that being said, I have gotten that message too, and I believe that it is simply part of the translation issues of IFCs. They are not perfect.

Thus far, I have simply said OKAY and moved forward. I have not seen anything major come of it.

Just my little opinion... good luck!
Message 3 of 4
jinjin4028

hello. thanks for reply. and you mean that it is the problem of the IFC mapping_table? IFC really is not perfect yet, may I ask that how do you think about what is the most valuable part of IFC please?
Message 4 of 4
santacad

That is a question packed with dynamite!

In my opinion, it may only be useful right now to cross reference information between BIM formats (by linking), but certainly NOT as a translator.

The IFC is in its infancy and will mature into something more robust, but for now, its usefullness is very limited.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report