Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC Export, Walls and Floors don't line up

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
3665 Views, 12 Replies

IFC Export, Walls and Floors don't line up

I am doing some tests to export my model out to IFC. The slabs and walls do not line up. Can anyone recommend a fix, or is anyone having the same issue in Revit 2012?

Thanks,

Jordan

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I confirmed with AutoDesk that the Revit 2012 IFC Export is indeed broken and will be updated in a future (hopefully soon) release.

Thanks,

Jordan

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous

That's quite annoying. At least we can use roof element instead of floor, those seem to stay in their places.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Do you have a help desk ticket number? I am severely hindered by this flaw. My beams and columns come out right, but my floors are way off to the side when exporting a 3d view.

I am shocked that Autodesk has messed this up...

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous

My reseller said AutoDesk is fixing it in the next update. I will try to get a number for confirmation.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks buddy.... in the meantime I have not been able to find a work around. I can't back-save to Revit 2011, I can't install the Tekla plugin because its only for Revit 2011, and exporting to dwg then ifc from AutoCAD changes the Selection Tree in Navis.

Let me know if you find one.

THanks again,

DF

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

So replacing floors with roof objects is not an option for you?

However, I noticed that same bug is with building pad. And I don't think there is a workaround for this one.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I am not trying to be smug, but I am not going to put bad information into my model in order to work around a software problem. 

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous

We noticed that the Room objects (i.e. ifcspace) seem to be displaced.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

My clients want open source deliverables (so we all trade rvt during the design, thats fine), so I cannot handover rvt

4 months on - anyone seen a fix?

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

The Fix is actually available since june 2011. However, on autodesk's site it is not under Revit's Updates section but under Product Download. Nothing about IFC is mentioned in Update Enhancement List also, but the update fixed my problem with slabs and pads during IFC export.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

yes that update fixed SOME of the export problems but not all. I have circle holes in my slabs and these holes become mystery slabs outside the building as I export to IFC.

Message 13 of 13
Orsolya.Balazs

Dear Eeva,

thank you for calling our attention to this issue. In the meantime, as you have confirmed as well, it seems to be a solution for this issue. It is fixed in the update2 for RST 2012.

You can download it from this link: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=16840966

Kind regards,

Orsolya Balazs
Product Support Analyst - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report