Revit Architecture

carpentier_guillaume
Message 1 of 9 (222 Views)

I would like to create a second drawing without the exterior wall finish layer

222 Views, 8 Replies
05-01-2012 02:06 PM

Hello,

I am looking for a method to realize 2 different drawings in the same revit file.

In fact, I made a drawing with all the layers of the wall included exterior finish layer.

Now I would like to create a second drawing without the exterior wall finish layer (stucco thickness 1 cm).

I hope you understand my request, because it is not easy to translate it (French to English).

The mason wants a drawing without finishing outside of the walls.

I think there must be a solution, but I do not see how.

Thank you for your help.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 9 (220 Views)

Re: I would like to create a second drawing without the exterior wall finish lay

05-01-2012 02:22 PM in reply to: carpentier_guillaume

I think you need to delete the finish layer from the compound wall type, and create another wall type just for finishes. Then, you can show or hide that finish wall as necessary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Valued Mentor
vector2
Message 3 of 9 (206 Views)

Re: I would like to create a second drawing without the exterior wall finish lay

05-01-2012 05:11 PM in reply to: carpentier_guillaume

carpentier_guillaume wrote:

"I hope you understand my request, because it is not easy to translate it (French to English)."

The translation is flawless and the expression of ideas is perfect. 

carpentier_guillaume
Message 4 of 9 (185 Views)

05-02-2012 01:55 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Hello,

Thank you to try to help me.

I find this solution is not the best.

I really want to have 2 different drawings.

Thank you.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 5 of 9 (180 Views)

05-02-2012 03:23 AM in reply to: carpentier_guillaume

carpentier_guillaume wrote:

Hello,

Thank you to try to help me.

I find this solution is not the best.

I really want to have 2 different drawings.

Thank you.

Then, do 2 different models. I thought you wanted a method to avoid having to model twice.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
carpentier_guillaume
Message 6 of 9 (174 Views)

05-02-2012 05:03 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Yes, I want only one REVIT file, with 2 drawings.

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 7 of 9 (156 Views)

05-02-2012 07:18 AM in reply to: carpentier_guillaume

As I said above, the finish layers need to be modeled separetely, with their own wall type, which can be shown or hidden, using filters. The reason is because there is no way to hide just the finish layer when it is part of a wall type with multiple layers.

Active Contributor
sagar.londonites
Message 8 of 9 (137 Views)

05-02-2012 08:40 PM in reply to: carpentier_guillaume

There is a way to do this in a single Revit file, but you need to convert your walls to 'parts' and for this you must be using Revit 2012 or later version.

After converting your walls to parts, you can use view filters to hide the finish layers in a drawing. You'll find more about this by serching the 'parts' and 'filters' section of online Revit help.

Though this is  a way to do what you want to do, I'm not really a supporter of converting huge number of elements to 'parts'. It creates more problems than solutions as per my opinion.

Hope this helps.

- Sagar
Mentor
parveen.revit
Message 9 of 9 (130 Views)

05-02-2012 10:18 PM in reply to: carpentier_guillaume

Dear RakasaPlus,

It is a lengthy process (and may have some drawback as well) but you can achieve desired result.

You need to follow these steps.

• determine what is your level to level height (let's say 10''-0")
  • Now create a new family (using Profile template) and draw a profile with the width of wall finish layer which you want to hide (for example 2") and the height of that profile would be 10''0" (height of your walls).
  • Save that profile family with a defined name.
  • Now in your project, you can draw walls without exterior finish (which you want to hide in one drawing). Only the wall structure with appropriate thickness.
  • Now go to 3d view, Choose Wall Sweep option form Wall drop down menu.
  • Select the desired wall (all exterior) and place that wall sweep.
  • Now half of your job is done.
  • Go to floor plan, duplicate it (preferably 'with detailing') and rename it as desired.
  • Now in the floorplan where you want to hide the exterior finish, go to visibility graphics option, Click on the + (Plus) symbos before the Walls, uncheck the 'Wall Sweeps - Cornice' option.
  • You are done.

Let us know if you face any difficulty in any of these steps and also your feedback if this resolves your query or not.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube