Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock a prefix to a mark in revit?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
max.a.hollander
497 Views, 2 Replies

How to lock a prefix to a mark in revit?

Hello,

I am currently creating a template project for my Mechanical engineering and construction Company.  thei issue that i am running in to is that i am trying to "lock" a prefix to te mark parameter.  I want to use the mark parameter because it will automatically add a number to the item that is placed into my project. So to explain further i want to add a parameter from a pump family that whenever i place a new "pump" family for instance the mark or tag parameter will mark it as P-1 the second i add would mark it P-2 and so on.  There are several reasons i want this to happen. One being the i want the schedule to always have P-1 be certain specifications so when ever i load this pump like gpm be 15, rpm be 42 etc etc.  Maybe i am trying to do this with the wrong parameter.  it would be fine alson as i can make the mark always input the correct prefix for the family i am placing.  so my family for vavs would have a prefix to the mark as VA pumps have one as P boilers have the prefix as B. I understand that i can only insert the family that has the parameter that specifys the prefix.

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Only certain families have automatic numbering, such as doors. I don't think that mechanical equipment families have that feature. Prefixes can be displayed if you number your elements 1, 2, 3, and if you add a prefix to the tag family. This will not make the actual mark value be A-1, A-2, but at least the tag can show it like that.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 3

Are you refering to the assembly code as the automatic numbering system?  The mark option is in every aspect of revit.  Its just frustrating that the schedule aspect of revit doesnt make it much easier then in cad. I want to edit the mark for certain families so that they only show the prefix that is asigned to them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report