Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to have Strip Foundation under Edge Slab?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
archithee
2425 Views, 10 Replies

How to have Strip Foundation under Edge Slab?

I know that the strip foundaton has to drawn using wall foundation which is hoisted by wall but in my case I can't do it as the strip foundation is under the slab edge? Does anyone enconter this before? Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
tcbinks
in reply to: archithee

I have experienced this problem, but still have yet to find the answer. I beginning to wonder if you have to create a footing using "model in place". This question is a very important one so I really hope that someone could help.

Message 3 of 11
erik_snell

Use the Slab Edge tool. You'll have to customize the edge profile for your needs. 

Autodesk Logo

Erik Snell, P.E.
Experience Design Architect
Autodesk Revit

I am an Autodesk employee and the opinions or commentary I provide are my own and not necessarily that of Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 11
tcbinks

I've done that, but the wall refuses to be hosted on the slab edge it remains on the wall foundatoon, and I'm looking for the slab edge to be bearing on the foundation and the wall to be bearing on the slab edge

Message 5 of 11
archithee

I drawn the strip footing using wall tool so it doesnt required to be hoisted as strip footing tool.

Let me know if this work for you or any better solution I might be interested too.

tq

Message 6 of 11
Alfredo_Medina

The footing can be done with the beam tool:

1-12-2013 10-42-17 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 11
tcbinks

Both of these methods seem to have worked. Thank you for everybody who posted there ideas I appreciate it. Hopefully Revit 2014 will look at structural details more closely.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

archithee:

Hello. 

Use the Slab Edge tool twice, with a Vertical Profile Offset for the footing.

Alfredo:

How can i display images directly?...

Saludos Cordiales

Message 9 of 11
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Alfredo:

How can i display images directly?...

If you want the attachment to display directly in the post, use the icon in the toolbar above this window, the one that says "Insert / edit image", instead of using the "Browse" button for attachments that is below this window.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Alfredo:

Thank you. Smiley Very Happy

Saludos Cordiales

Message 11 of 11
tcbinks
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thank you Todd C. Blackburn Kansas State University Architectural Engineering e: tcbinks@ksu.edu t: 913.220.6826

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report