Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get middle click working in Windows in Parallels on a Mac?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
aryayush
930 Views, 0 Replies

How to get middle click working in Windows in Parallels on a Mac?

Hello.

I installed Parallels Desktop on my Mac to use Revit Architecture on Windows. It was already installed via Boot Camp and clicking the mouse wheel properly registers as a middle click there and dragging works too. It functions as it should.

However, the same thing does not work when using the same installation of Windows via Parallels Desktop, although it works fine on OS X. Scrolling with the mouse wheel works everywhere, including on Windows running in Parallels Desktop.

I can get Revit Architecture to pan in 2D views by holding down the Shift key and right mouse button and dragging the pointer around, but the same control is assigned to orbiting in 3D views. I have been unable to figure out how to pan in 3D views. And this is a sloppy workaround anyway; support for the middle button would make it faster and more convenient, and I don’t want to give that up.

Here are all the relevant specs, if they’ll be useful for diagnosis:

• Early-2011 MacBook Pro 13-inch
  • OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.0
  • Windows 7 SP1
  • Parallels Desktop 7 Build 7.0.15106
  • Autodesk Revit Architecture 2013 Build 20120716_115(x64) Update Release 1
  • Logitech Wireless Mouse M310 (with Logitech Control Center installed on OS X)

I bought this mouse only to use with Revit Architecture, because I did not want to cobble together ways to get my Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad working with the software. I knew it would not be nearly as convenient as a dedicated middle button. I cannot figure out why it won’t just work out of the box. It does not need any hacks; all Parallels Desktop has to do is pass the mouse input over to Windows as is.

Can someone help me out please? Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report