Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create family types

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
322 Views, 4 Replies

How to create family types

Hi

I would like to create family type with drop down list as shown in the image.

Could you guide me about formulas & values  in family type window.

How it is created and for what?

If possible clarify with images.(because i am a beginner to REVIT)

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Not sure I understand but creating family types is fairly simple. Click on new familiy type (top right of the dialog in the picture), new name, change the parameters to account for the new type.

You can have hundreds of types for a single family, when you load the family, they all load with it.

Advice: If you need more that 10 types, I would recommend creating a type catalog. Might be confusing at first but very easy to accomplish.

If I misuderstood let me know.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: AJA14

Hi gentleman,

I think you misunderstood.

I hope you get it by seeing the image below.

I need to know how to show different material by drop down list as shown in the image .(A video file may easy for me to understand)

What is formula & and its function here
[familytype2.JPG]

Thanks

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Subject to local law, communications (including traffic data) with Hubbell may be monitored by our systems [or a third party's systems on our behalf] for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Hubbell policies. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated
Message 4 of 5
AJA14
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I see. Sorry about that.

Well this is related to materials or nested families.

If you click on add family parameter in your dialog, in the bottom of the new dialog, you will see (Type of parameter), 3rd one down, if you click on the drop down list you see several options.

The last 3 are very powerful.

The last one is family type, which is when you have a family nested inside this family. If you select it and choose a certain family, it has to be already loaded otherwise it will ask you to load one. Then you are adding a parameter to set the type of the nested family from inside the project area.

If this doesn't help, I'll try to make up something graphical to help you out tomorrow. Time to go home.

Regards,

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: AJA14

Hi gentleman,

Kindly send images hope it will be useful for me.

Thanks

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Subject to local law, communications (including traffic data) with Hubbell may be monitored by our systems [or a third party's systems on our behalf] for the purposes of security and the assessment of internal compliance with Hubbell policies. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report