Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate drawings from AutoCAD to Revit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BIMBoy
576 Views, 2 Replies

How to automate drawings from AutoCAD to Revit

Hi All

I am attempting to convert AutoCAD drawings in to Revit Models in Architecture 2012.

To speed up the process, I would like to automate the blocks from AutoCAD (signage, fire equipment, etc.) so that the appropriate Revit familiy is positioned in the exact same place.

I need to convert lots of drawings and estimate it would take months to do it manually, with the automation probably halfing the time needed.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
LisaDrago
in reply to: BIMBoy

Off-had, I do not know  any way to automate this process. It would be a handy one to have but as far as I know it is all manual.

But I certainly don't know everything!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 3
BIMBoy
in reply to: LisaDrago

Thanks.

I have since worked out a way, although at the moment it is probably more long winded than placing components on top of inserted DWG drawing manually.

There is a add-in called WhiteFeet. This allows exporting of schedules to Excel....you then extract the coordinates from AutoCAD to Excel and add that info to the Revit schedule. You then import the updated schedule back into Revit (but remember to add formula to convert to mm if you are using metric) and the families can then be moved into position.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report