Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to annotate Ellipse?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kukuzry
1489 Views, 3 Replies

How to annotate Ellipse?

I am creating a family which uses an elliptical extrusion. However, I cannot bind the dimension of the ellipse to the parameters. How can I annotate the dimension of the ellipse? Thanks.!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: kukuzry

If is not difficult to place dimensions to control the size of the ellipse. For example, if you want to control total width or total height, simply dimension from one blue square dot to the one on the other side. If you need to measure from the center to a quadrant, turn on the center mark, and measure from there to a quadrant. Even the focus points are available if you turn them on, from the Properties window.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
kukuzry
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

I attach the file.  There is a ellipse and  I want to bind the "Width" and "Length" parameters to ellipse width and height. 

However, I tried but cannot bind them, could you help me check it why I can not do that ? Thanks,

Message 4 of 4
kukuzry
in reply to: kukuzry

I figure it out. I should edit it in boundary not in extrusion shape....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report