Revit Architecture

avolet
Message 1 of 5 (1,336 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do you import .TXT files into Revit for sheet notes or specifications etc.?

1336 Views, 4 Replies
11-11-2012 09:07 PM

I am new to Revit and just finished a residential project modeling in Revit 2010. I am working on construction set and need to import .TXT files from previous project for general notes, code compliance report, etc. I have my custom keynote file (.TXT) for user notes. Can anybody help?

Mentor
mike
Message 2 of 5 (1,317 Views)

Re: How do you import .TXT files into Revit for sheet notes or specifications et

11-12-2012 04:48 AM in reply to: avolet

1.  Create a Legend view or a Detail view, depending on how there are to be referenced.  2.  Create one 'word' using the Text routine.  3.  Open your external .txt file highlight all of the text you want to bring into RAC, and hit Ctrl>C to copy it.  4.  go badck to RAC, Highlight the one "word" you just created, and hit the Ctrl>V keys to replace with the txt text....5  Edit as needed.  6.  Drag view(s) on sheets.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
Building Design Suite Ultimate 2013, 2014, 2015
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Mentor
mike
Message 3 of 5 (1,316 Views)

Re: How do you import .TXT files into Revit for sheet notes or specifications et

11-12-2012 04:50 AM in reply to: avolet

FYI............One thing to remember..........Legends can be copied multiple times on multiple sheets...........Detail Views can only be put on one sheet at a time.

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
avolet
Message 4 of 5 (1,297 Views)

11-12-2012 08:06 AM in reply to: mike

Thank you, MIke.

I opened a drafting view and did copy & paste per your directions. With some editing, it was great.

Thank you for a great forum in support of Revit.

Mentor
mike
Message 5 of 5 (1,284 Views)

11-12-2012 09:07 AM in reply to: avolet

You're Welcome...glad to help.

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube