Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get this parameter in or back in to my callout family?

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Jason_S
1093 Views, 8 Replies

How do I get this parameter in or back in to my callout family?

I edited my callout heads to reflect more of the standard we have and now for some reason I can't get the divide line to rotate as the head rotates.  If I go to an out of the box callout head the divide line has a different parameter I can't seem to get in the modified callout head.

See attached PNG file.

I can copy and paste the OOTB divide line into the modified callout but then the line goes missing in the legend views.  Draw a line and it shows in the legend but doesn't rotate with the callout head.

Any ideas?  Thanks for the help.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ryan.duell
in reply to: Jason_S

The “Rotate With Section” parameter is a special hard-coded parameter in the default included Revit Section head; unfortunately it is not available in the blank template.  As you mentioned you can copy the line it is attached to in the family, but there is no functionality to add this parameter to another line created from scratch.

While you could use the included section head family, resave the family, change the family category to callout and modify the existing geometry so you can reuse this line; with the hard-coded parameter I do not believe they will display once loaded into the project and utilized in a callout family.  They inherently are hard-coded for the section families and do not function in the same manner.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 3 of 9
Jason_S

Thanks Ryan.

I went back and modified the OOTB callout and that now works in the project side.  But now, for some reason, that line doesn't show in legend views.  I can select the callout and place in the legend but the line isn't showing.  Do you have this also or am I just missing something very simple?

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 9
ryan.duell

I could reproduce the issue, where creating a section head instance in a Legend View does not show the center line.

I was able to verify this is a known issue, related to a limitation of section annotation elements in Legend views.  It is still open with the development team so for the time being I would recommend manually adding a detail line over the symbol in the Legend View.

I hope this helps, even though not ideal!

Thank you,

Ryan Duell
Message 5 of 9
Jason_S
in reply to: ryan.duell

Thanks Ryan.

I appreciate the help.

Message 6 of 9

Hi, Ryan. Could I add the “Rotate With Section” parameter to the circle ?

I found this special line and want to use it in Chinese Sheets.

Message 7 of 9
ryan.duell
in reply to: 597814936

Unfortunately this is only available for specific families, like the section head family.

Ryan Duell
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for you reply. And I mean that I want a circle with the parameter in the same section head family. I used the polygon replace the circle.

Message 9 of 9
in reply to: 597814936

In china, we usually callout the section like the pic I attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report