Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I edit place on host railings?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
phigiang
592 Views, 1 Reply

How do I edit place on host railings?

I have a staircase from the first floor to second floor with a total of 3 landings.. I need to fix the railing at the bottom to go down to 3'0, right now its sitting at 3' - 6"... AT 3'0" it needs to connect to the handrail that wraps around (the red)...normally I can just edit the railing by pulling it longer but since it was a place on host railing.. it looks like it loops around and when I tried playing around with that to extend the bottom rail.. it gave me an error..

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
XeroPhane
in reply to: phigiang

There are a couple of things you might try. You could break up the railings into separate runs (for example, one for each landing = 3 railings) and see if you can wrestle them into submission. Another way would be to load a baluster family that looks how you expect this railing end to look, then add that to the End/Start instructions at the bottom of the Baluster in the railing's Type Properties. I use this second trick for wall returns with escutcheon on wall-mounted railings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report