Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the sheet size for the Zoom to Sheet Size command (ZS)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Foggo
2845 Views, 3 Replies

How do I change the sheet size for the Zoom to Sheet Size command (ZS)

(As posted on the RevitCity Forum)

We are trialling Revit for the first time and have made good progress in modelling a building we have already designed.

We have set up an A1 title sheet to match our existing one and have successfully printed at A3 by using the Centre option with zoom 50%.

However when the zoom sheet size icon is selected the view zooms to an A4 Landscape view and I would rather it zoomed to the extents of the A1 frame but I haven't been able to redefine the sheet settings. Can anyone tell where I can find these settings?

I have opened all Metric Title block families from A0 to A4 and they all appear to zoom to an A4 Landscape extent. Amusingly the A4 Metric Title block is Portrait.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: Foggo

Well - lets start with what the ZS command really does. This will zoom the current view to what the view will look like when it is printed. It is not set to a specific sheet size (at lease to my current knowledge)

You can be zoomed in close to a view that is set at 1/8" scale but you are close enough to see every line of detail in the view. When you place this view on a sheet it will be considerable smaller and you will not see that same amount of detail and probably those lines will become thick black lines as they overlap. 

The zoom to sheet size allows you to see the view how it print without have to actually print it and be able to change the detail level and clean it up prior to printing.

Now if your sheet views are not showing up correctly - I would look at the titleblock and make sure it is drawn full size and set up properly - landscape or portrait.

Does this help?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 3 of 4
dsynth
in reply to: LisaDrago

still doesn't calibrate when screen is literally measured with a scale rule, i mean, a 5000mm dimension on screen measures 3500mm on a scale rule and bye the way the title block is drawn full size
Message 4 of 4
fespino
in reply to: LisaDrago

Your solution does not work. Zoom to sheet does not work even if the sheet it self is done correctly.

It would be great if it could work since in Revit there is not print to "window". This is a problem

when certain items are outside of the sheet (border).

Such a simple command to develop in to Revit just like it works in AutoCAD was completely ignore.

We need to have print to a window available.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report