Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change the color of a specific type of trees in plan view(shaded)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mimarsultan
7322 Views, 4 Replies

How can I change the color of a specific type of trees in plan view(shaded)

Hi everyone .I want to change some types of trees in my plan views(shaded).When I change it from object styles(planting material) this change all types of trees however I want to change only one type of trees.I Want others remain same.I am adding picture explain what I am asking.Thank you...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ennujozlagam
in reply to: mimarsultan

hi,

1. Go to the "Manage" tab.
  2. Click the "Object Styles" button.
  3. Scroll down and find the "Planting" category.
  4. Under the Material column click the blank box and browse...
  5. Create a material with whatever surface color you desire.

or

Or you can adjust it into the family, adding a material parameter. 

or try instead of planting, site in the step four or change the parameter in the family in some version of revit the trees have the parameter of site instead of planting.

hope it helps....

shalom....

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 5
mimarsultan
in reply to: ennujozlagam

thanks for the answer.I create a new material as you told however when I applied it to Planting categories All types of trees changes. However I want to change only one type of tree others should remain same.I also tried to do the second method you told , but there isn't any options about material parameter in properties of the tree which  ı want to change. I tried to look at the family editor I see an option about material.However when I click I see this window.But I Couldn't apply the new material which I  created..I am adding pictures explaining what I mean.

Message 4 of 5
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: mimarsultan

There are a few ways to do this.

Quickest option is to do the following:

1. Select the tree you want to edit
  2. Right-click > Override graphics in view > By element
  3. Change the colour of the "Projection line colour" to whatever you wish.

This will change the colour in that View ONLY for that one tree.

You could use the "Linework" tool in the "View" panel inside the "Modify" tab on the ribbon as well. For this though, you will need to create a line style you wish to use (done via the Manage tab > Additional settings > Line styles) and click on the lines of the tree you wish to change. Again, this is View specific.

You could create a new type of the tree by doing the following:

1. Select the tree
  2. In the properties panel, click "Edit Type"
  3. Top right of the window that appears click "Duplicate" and rename it to whatever you wish
  4. Now when you change the material of that type, it will only affect the one instance of the type you have

Another option would be to make the material parameter an Instance parameter instead of a Type parameter. This is slightly more complicated as it involves parameter creation and can take some time if you don't know much about the family editor.

I would recommend the First option, overriding the graphics in view, takes 2 seconds and gives you your desired output.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 5 of 5
mimarsultan
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

Thanks a lot.My problem is fixed.But ı am curious about something.When I duplicate the type of tree which ı want to change.I couldn't change the material because There isn't any option about materials.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report