Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change Room Tag font size?

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
KevinMAX
63198 Views, 18 Replies

How can I change Room Tag font size?

I am trying to figure out how to change the font size on room tags. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

1. Click on Room Tag > Mode > Edit Family 
  2. In Family > click on the Label you want to change Text Syze(let's say : Room Name), Font... - in Properties > Edit Type > Type Properties > Type ( probably there is only one type, let's say 3mm) > push Duplicate button > Name - choose a name showing the desired dimension (let's say 2.5 mm) - OK...then continue Text Size > change its dimension to the desired value (2.5 in my example) - OK - now the label text dimension is changed ..
  3. Save the Family under another name and load it into the project...You will have now two families with different text dimensions and you can swap between them...

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 19

Thank you very much.
Message 4 of 19

Now I can get a smaller room tag to fit in small rooms, such as closets, but the original large size frame around the room number is still there. How can that be resized and/or erased?

Message 5 of 19
gustavomello
in reply to: KevinMAX

The same you way you changed the font size, edit the family and change the frame. Frames are regular lines.

I usually have two frame sizes controlled by the visibility parameter in two family types .

Gustavo

Message 6 of 19
KevinMAX
in reply to: gustavomello

Thanks for responding. In Edit Family mode, the room number frame changes. But after I save under another name, load into the project, the original frame size doesn’t change. Maybe I missed something. Could you please provide details?

Message 7 of 19
gustavomello

Just to clarify:

-The text is reduced but the frame don´t?

-After you load the new tag family you replace the tag used in the project with the new one and the frame size stays the same?

Only things i can think of are you forget to change the tags after loading the new family or you are trying on a view with a different scale so tag looks bigger.

Gustavo

Message 8 of 19
KevinMAX

That is correct. It's probably a scale problem: tag (frame) and text are not in the same scale. I don’t see a way to go to tag’s properties to change parameters or erase it completely.

Message 9 of 19
gustavomello

I was talking about different views with different scales. Text and frame couldn't have different scales belonging to the same family. By the way, tags doesn´t have a scale, they are annotation, this means they allways have the same size no matter what's the scale of the view.

Could you attach your tag family here? What version are you using?

Gustavo

Message 10 of 19
KevinMAX

Gustavo,

I'm using Revit 2014.
In the attached file, tag name is invisible, text only. When I attach it to a room, the standard size frame comes up.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin
Message 11 of 19
gustavomello

I'll take a look later, right now i don´t have access to 2014.
Message 12 of 19

I've made a recording on the Frame subject.

1. I made a new Room Tag Family with the text of 2mm ,red color. For that I 've create 2 new text styles , a simple 2mm and a 2mm in wich I activated the border. The type with activated border ( the Border Offset can be set as shown in the recording) allows stretching the border to the text.
  2. In the second part of my recording I used a drawn border ...it is not at all intelligent function , but allows the border to have a differnt shape...can be for instance eliptical, an alongated rectangle, circle....In this case you have to think that sometimes you can have the surprise that the text do not fit exactly into the border

https://screencast.autodesk.com/main/details/71961460-9f82-4163-9a9e-b3a56df8ec7b

Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD

Your Name

EESignature

Message 13 of 19
gustavomello

Can't see the attachment Kevin. But i think Constantin already did a good job with his video.

Gustavo

Message 14 of 19

Thanks a lot, Constantin,

Your video tutorial was great. I fixed my problem and learned more about room tag customization. Again, much appreciation for your time and patience.

Message 15 of 19
burtblue

Is there an updated solution for 2018? or is the steps the same as they were in 2014 revit?

Message 16 of 19
Sahay_R
in reply to: burtblue

Steps would still be the same.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 17 of 19
bert

I am having the same issues with the room number "border" not changing in the project. I have modified every border aspect possible in the family editor and the border around the room number is still huge. See screen shot below. 

Room Tag.png

Message 18 of 19

Hi Sir,

How to do this programmatically using revit api in C#

Message 19 of 19
Sahay_R
in reply to: bert

Remove the border around the room number entirely. Edit the label type so that the text has a border - all you need to do is check a checkbox. The number will appear with a box that flexes with the number of digits. 

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report