Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Plan

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Hondler
639 Views, 8 Replies

House Plan

I am new to Revit, and I will be posting a few questions every now and then. I am currently trying to design a two storey house for my drafting class. I am now putting the finishing touches to it, putting in furniture, the washroom, etc. For some reason after I put my furniture down, the lines of the bottom of the furniture are not visible. To make things more clear, I put a toilet down, but the lines where the toilet meets the floor are gone. Anything I can do to fix it?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
awes
in reply to: Hondler

Thanks for posting! Have you checked the view range in the properties for your view?

Message 3 of 9
Hondler

I'm not sure where to find that. Sorry for my extreme lack of knowledge

Message 4 of 9
LisaDrago

Hello and Welcome to the discussion!

A few thoughts... Can you cut a section through it and post it?

Where is your floor at? Is it sitting at the level or have you offset it? 

Is the component sitting on the floor or is there an offset on that pushing it down?

Any images you can post of what is happening is always helpful.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Message 5 of 9
Hondler

ToiletHere's a pic of what I'm having trouble with, the lines on the bottom are gone

Message 6 of 9
VWD-MLM

One of two things comes to mind............1.  If you have a "Floor" check it's thickness vs the level it has been assigned to.......Floor will be "raised" by thickness above that level.............

2.  If floor is placed that way, or it its correct, check the 'Level Offset' of the Toilet........what is happeneing is that the toilet  bottom is below the top of the Floor or level, and/or the viewrange is set to 0 for the level and below.

HTH,

Mike

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 7 of 9
Hondler

Many thanks I get it now. So what can I do to fix it?

Message 8 of 9
VWD-MLM

Like Lisa said, cut a section thru that area so we can see exactly what you have (or not)..........

M.

Michael L. Maloney
Virtual World Designs
VDC & BIM Model Design, Clash & Coordination
mike@VirtualWorldDesigns.com
BDSU 2015, 2016
Charlotte, NC ; Fort Mill, SC
Message 9 of 9
Hondler

Sorry for the late reply, but I think I've got it now- I put flooring in, then I offset the ceiling at a lower height. One last question though: How can I put a pond/lake on my property?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report