Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting Issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
SLDBrown
451 Views, 3 Replies

Hosting Issues

Hello All,

The project I am working on includes revit data produced from a point cloud. The file I was given has two levels. The first level is fine however; the second level is set 1 foot too high. When I adjust the level elevation (drop it down by 1 foot), all of the elements associated with level two move with it. What I want to do is move the level line without adjusting the associated revit items. How I do this? Picture attached.

Thanks,

Steve

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: SLDBrown

SLDBrown

Not sure there is an option for what you are trying to do (Disassociate all elements with a level) 

To be honest, you wouldn’t want to do this, as if there are any level changes you usually want all elements on that level to move also.

The best fix for your problem would be to draw in another level at the correct height (Rename levels as needed), dimension from the "wrong" level to the one you just made, select this dimension and click the padlock to lock that size, then select > Right click > Hide in view > Element  for the existing wrong level line.

The reason you lock the dimension is so if you move your new level, it will also move the wrong level and thus all the elements hosted to the old wrong level, keeping the 1ft space. 

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 3 of 4
SLDBrown
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

What I was hoping I could do is adjust the elevation of the second level without the associated objects moving with it. The surveyor who developed the rivit file from the point cloud set the second level too high for unknown reasons. Thank you for your suggestion. I think it is the only safe alternative.
Message 4 of 4
Alisder.Brown
in reply to: SLDBrown

Well if the elements on that level are not meant to move then there will be no need to dimension and lock the levels together. So you could skip that step.

No problem 🙂

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report