Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Hosted Adaptive Point Along Intersection of Reference Planes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rkuffel
1879 Views, 5 Replies

Hosted Adaptive Point Along Intersection of Reference Planes

Does anyone know if it is possible to host an adaptive point along the intersection of two reference planes? Or is there another way to accomplish this same idea? Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: rkuffel

The location of an adaptive point in the family editor is not not relevant in regards to reference planes. These points are important in the project, when the the user determines their location, and based on that location, Revit "runs" the family, as if it was a routine that uses the adaptive points as arguments.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 6
rkuffel
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Alfredo, I think I understand what you are saying. I am wondering if it is possible to attach/associate (for lack of of better term) the points or a point to the intersection of reference planes in a host .rvt model. Maybe I will post a couple screen captures... Thank you for your help.
Message 4 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

No, but you can change the host or workplane of the adaptive point.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 5 of 6
rkuffel
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks Alfredo, that confirms what I thought. Just thinking out loud a little bitLMaybe I will add this to the wishlist; there are times when this would be helpful. For example, I may want the line formed by the intersecting planes of a sloping roof or ceiling and a wall. So, if the wall was rotated or moved, the point would stay attached to that intersecting line and move along (up and down) the plane of the ceiling/roof. There is probably a way to do this through formulas and I see in the help documentation you can host a point on the edge of joined geometries. It just seems that this wouldn't be too much of reach from the ability to host to the edge of joined geometries.

Message 6 of 6
Alfredo_Medina

A graphical example of what you are trying to do would help me to give you a better opinion on this. It may be that what you need to do can be done by other means, not necessarily by adaptive points.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report