Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High End PC Rendering Time vs hardware configuration

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ahmadfahmi
718 Views, 1 Reply

High End PC Rendering Time vs hardware configuration

Good Day & Salam,

Recently we bought numbers of Revit Suite 2013 and expects the best performances from it.
but, regretably speaking the rendering time is worst than before upgrading.

In addition to that, we also upgraded our Workstation to 16 GB RAM and a QUADRO graphic engine, but it still take more than an hour to render one simple view.

what could be the cause? i hope it is not the software that we bought( cost us thousands... )

here i post the rendering screen and the task performance while we are rendering,

ASAP reply needed as all our REVIT workstations moving away from our deep expectation...

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

1. Bump your virtual memory as high as you can 2. Set the image render to your presentation needs print vs screen 3. If its screen or projection your image should not be bigger than 2200 pixels in the long direction. 4. Set your quality level to not higher than High 5. Lower reflectivity on some materials 6. If its an interior shot with lighting try to minimize the amount of lights on to not more than 20 of course this will still take longer depending on your reflections. This should help. I use these settings all the time and get renderings within 10 minutes or less. Ricardo Twitter: @rmaturana

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report