Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Architectural items and Hatch Patterns behind Piping

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
SLDBrown
1072 Views, 1 Reply

Hiding Architectural items and Hatch Patterns behind Piping

Hello All,

My views are template driven. My discipline is set to Mechanical therefore, my linked architectural model displays as half tone (I'm fine with that). The architectural items and hatch patters within the architectural model still display through my pipes, fittings and mechanical items even though they are in the background. How can I adjust this? See attached.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: SLDBrown

This is a behavior of Revit (I don't know why it is, though). Hatch patterns that belong to "out-of-discipline" elements (i.e. Walls in a Mechanical View) will not be masked; only the hatch patterns from "In-Discipline" elements will be masked.

You can test this for yourself, if you want - in a Hidden Line Mechanical View, create a Generic Model (in-place) extrusion with any surface pattern (via element override). Draw a Duct over it and note that the hatch is not masked. Now, change the View's Discipline to Coordination, and suddenly the hatch is masked as desired since the Generic Model is no longer "out-of-Discipline". I have not found a good way around this.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report