Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide content behind a section tag

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jonmcfarlandGY
1885 Views, 12 Replies

Hide content behind a section tag

When I add a section tag to a dense area of an elevation, the detail number and sheet number often get lost in the clutter.  How can I hide the content behind the callout head?

Thanks,

Jon

Jon

Please select "Accept as Solution" if your question was answered
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
loboarch
in reply to: jonmcfarlandGY

There are 2 ways you might do this.  One way is to manually draw a masking region and place it where the section callout is.  The results are pretty good but the problem is if the section head moves you have to manually move the masking region as well.

Masking_Region.png

Another way you might try getting this done is to edit the family so the labels used in the text of the section head are opaque.  This one might not look as good depending on the situation, but there is no manual coordination between the section head and a masking region.  it will happen "automatically" when needed.

opaque_label.png

I tried placing a masking region in the family itself to get the best of both worlds but it ended up masking the dividing line in the section head???  Tried drawing the line a 2nd time AFTER I drew the masking region thinking it was a draw order issue, but that did not work for me.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 3 of 13
ljhudson
in reply to: jonmcfarlandGY

was there an fix to method number two, I am using revit architecture 2012

Message 4 of 13
ljhudson
in reply to: loboarch

was there an fix to method number two, I am using revit architecture 2012
Message 5 of 13
loboarch
in reply to: ljhudson

No new developments since this post was made.  Draw maskign region and manually coordinate, or take the 2nd option and the visuals it presents but no need to manually coordinate.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 6 of 13
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: loboarch

As Jeff has noted, if you put just one masking regions as a full circle, it will hide the horizontal line. The solution is to put 2 masking regions (half a circle each) as shown in this image:

masking regions.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 7 of 13

Great Idea with the masking region but when you put a masking region and try to make a vertical section the line goes vertical and not horizontal as shown below.

Message 8 of 13
Sahay_R
in reply to: dmaxwellE7VF9

Create a circular masking region as a generic annotation family. Drop it into your section tag family. Dink around with draw order. It's a royal pain, but I have done that to all tags in our latest template and it works.

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 9 of 13
dmaxwellE7VF9
in reply to: Sahay_R

Thank you. I have created the masking region and dropped it into my section tag family. However even when using the cut and paste in same place trick it isn't fixing the way that it appears in my model.

Message 10 of 13
Sahay_R

Try this

Rina Sahay
Autodesk Expert Elite
Revit Architecture Certified Professional

If you find my post interesting, feel free to give a Kudo.
If it solves your problem, please click Accept to enhance the Forum.
Message 11 of 13
ToanDN

Try this.

Capture.PNG

Message 12 of 13
dmaxwellE7VF9

Thank you! I got it to work right before your last reply.

Message 13 of 13
DanBoghean

Do you have a version for Revit 2016? I can't seem to get it working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report