Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with the ribbon

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vector2
221 Views, 2 Replies

Help with the ribbon

i need to be able to hit one key to make a ribbon open- with no obstructions.. for example: H key opens the home ribbon- I key opens the insert ribbon etc. etc.. please try it yourself first if you think you have the answer.. i want to be able to click on a command in less than a second after i have opened a ribbon menu with one key.. i want to be able to SEE all the commands on that ribbon after it opens- i want that ribbon to stay open until i click on a command.. and i want to be able to click away from that ribbon to close it if i don't find the command i want- or hit the same key to close it.. i would like to be able to use the ribbon efficiently and logically now that we are finally forced into the ribbon or not buy anymore revit releases- which wouldn't be too bad either..
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jason_S
in reply to: vector2

@Anonymous wrote:
i need to be able to hit one key to make a ribbon open- with no obstructions.. for example: H key opens the home ribbon- I key opens the insert ribbon etc. etc.. please try it yourself first if you think you have the answer.. i want to be able to click on a command in less than a second after i have opened a ribbon menu with one key.. i want to be able to SEE all the commands on that ribbon after it opens- i want that ribbon to stay open until i click on a command.. and i want to be able to click away from that ribbon to close it if i don't find the command i want- or hit the same key to close it.. i would like to be able to use the ribbon efficiently and logically now that we are finally forced into the ribbon or not buy anymore revit releases- which wouldn't be too bad either..

Isn't this already built into Revit?  I hit the ALT key and then I, H, R, S to get the ribbon tab to show to select the command.  I can hit ALT and the key in less than a second.

Message 3 of 3
vector2
in reply to: Jason_S

thanks for your reply caddman13- i had a feeling i should have posted it in BOLD letters.. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PUSH ONE KEY TO OPEN A RIBBON MENU.. I DON'T WANT ANY OBSTRUCTIONS ON THE COMMANDS THAT ARE ON THAT RIBBON MENU.. I WANT TO OPEN THE MENU WITH ONE FINGER AND BE ABLE TO SEE THE COMMANDS ON THAT RIBBON CLEARLY SO I CAN CLICK ON THEM.. i hope that makes it more clear..

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report