Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!!! Video Card IDK what to buy!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jpms24
321 Views, 3 Replies

Help!!!! Video Card IDK what to buy!!!

Hi everyone,

I guess I have the same questions as everyone else here. Which graphic card, what type of PC, Mac or Windows.

I have tried so far 4 Computers, different brands sony, dell, hp and now apple.

Sony was a failure because of windows 8 and was unable to downgrade to windows 7 plus the hybrid video card was not so revit friendly.

Dell went obsolete with Revit 2013 on and intel hd 3000

HP!!!! nothing to say here worst computer ever.

But now I trying a Mac it hads a intel hd 4000, the list that is on autodesk website is very complicated to understand because I dont know if a video card that is similar to those ones will work.

I really need an advice I cant just go back to best buy and return everything I buy just because REVIT is just a pain to deal with. Ohhh yeah I'm under student budget so really cant buy a workstation...I wish!!!! 

Please anyone with advices, or a guide on what type of video card to use for revit 2013 

Thank you very much1!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: jpms24

Hi jpms24,

Please visit Autodesk Revit Hardware Certification FAQ for more details. Click here as well to find the Autodesk Certified and Recommended Hardware. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 4
jpms24

Thank you for the reply but as I said before "...the list that is on autodesk website is very complicated to understand because I dont know if a video card that is similar to those ones will work." I read, search and investigate on autodesk FAQ site but still I can't understand this

Message 4 of 4
rosskirby

Could you give some description of the type of work you intend to use this computer for, and whether you're looking for a laptop or a tower?  It's impossible to make a recommendation without knowing what you do, since there is no one answer to "which video card do I get".

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report