Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! My Floor Plans disappeared - How to retrieve them??

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
lauraridley
27193 Views, 10 Replies

Help! My Floor Plans disappeared - How to retrieve them??

I imported a scanned drawing into Revit and traced it.  I put the walls and floors in, then was inserting doors.  I tried to find a particular door, but found I clicked on the wrong door and closed Revit instead of the screen I was in.  However, when I brought Revit back up, I could no longer see any Floorplan, but my 3d was still visible.  How do I retrieve or make visible Level 1 or 2?  (When I tile the Floorplan Level 1 and the 3D drawing, my 3d drawing will turn blue if I box in the blank area on my Floorplan screen, so I assume it must still be there).

The other question I need answered is how to insert the geometric figure/camera that shows each side of an elevation?  When I imported my scanned drawing, it was much larger than the area within the four “eyeballs”, but I have tried moving it and don’t see them. 

PS - I am new to Revit.

Thanks for any help as soon as possible!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Stephm419
in reply to: lauraridley

Go to the views tab. Then pick Plans Views then pick Floor Plan

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

And what if the Plan is not available to be regerated, meaninng, it is not showing on the View tab to be generated?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

Okay, I had the same problem. Go into the "View" tab and click "Plan Views" as you tried before. Below the box where you see no options, there should be a check box that says "Do Not Duplicate Views," in which this box will be checked. Uncheck the box, and your views should be in the box. Click on a view, and it will take you to that floor plan view. Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

"closed Revit instead of the screen I was in"

It's easy to hit that X to close Revit, but there

will always be a dialog saying "Do you want to

save changes to project xxx". Just hit "cancel"

and Revit won't close.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

I was able to retrieve my floor plans but I am still missing the entire levels, views, elevations, families etc tab that is normally in the left hand side when you open revit. How can I retrieve this? Is it a setting problem? I would like to be able to view my elevations. Please help. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Go to the view tab, and on the far left there will be a user interface icon, click on that and then click project browser it will bring up the plans.

Message 8 of 11
hadawi
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks you Brother ... reaaaaaalllyyyy 

Message 9 of 11
grapevine2906

I'm a Revit Newbie and this happened to me too.  At least... I got to a point where the Floor Plan view was available... but whenever I clicked on it there was nothing there.   All the other views, North/South/East/West/Ceiling/3D/etc, etc... all worked but whatever I did the floorplan view was blank.   I finally thought to myself... what if I accidentally somehow zoomed in way too much or I zoomed out way too much... so I did a "zoom-to-fit" command and ta-da!!   Everything was there.   Just right-click in the view and Zoom-To-Fit is one of the options when you right-click in any view.   Just a thought.   That was my issue... stupid as it was.

Message 10 of 11
melissavgZTGBN

life saverrrr 

Message 11 of 11
melissaflynn_art

Duuuuuude thank you!!!!! Been going nuts trying to figure this out! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report