Revit Architecture

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (311 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hatch Pattern Visibility

311 Views, 3 Replies
12-20-2013 10:07 AM

Hello All,

I have views that are template controlled. My discipline is Mechanical so all of my architectural objects are shown as half tone (I am okay with this). My issue is, there is a hatch pattern that I need to turn off on my floor slabs. How can I do this? See attached.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 4 (283 Views)

Re: Hatch Pattern Visibility

12-20-2013 12:09 PM in reply to: SLDBrown

You can turn the surface pattern off for specific Categories by going to Visibility/Graphics Overrides (for your View Template), clicking "Override..." under 'Projection/Surface: Patterns', and clearing the checkbox "Visible".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
constantin.stroescu
Message 3 of 4 (278 Views)

12-20-2013 12:18 PM in reply to: SLDBrown

Because the file has applied a View Template you are at the moment unable to override the floor properties.

I suggest to Duplicate the View and in the new View :

1. Properties >Identity Data > View Template > click on right side button - Apply View Template window appears > Name - choose None - Apply and OK
  2. Properties > Visbility/Graphics Override >Edit > in the new window - Model Categories > Floors > Projection /Surface > Patterns  > Override  > Fill Pattern Graphics > Pattern Overrides > Uncheck Visible
Constantin Stroescu
BIM Manager AGD
Valued Contributor
Message 4 of 4 (270 Views)

12-20-2013 12:39 PM in reply to: SLDBrown
Thanks so much for the reply. It worked.

Steven Brown

HDR Engineering, Inc.

Water Business Group
CADD Technician II

4061 Powder Mill Rd, Suite 620 | Calverton, MD 20705
p: 301.289.7210 c: 443.510.1627
Steven.L.Brown@hdrinc.com | hdrinc.com

Follow us - Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube