Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hassle free and quick "Visibility Status Save" and "Restore" available?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
octavio2
314 Views, 1 Reply

Hassle free and quick "Visibility Status Save" and "Restore" available?

Question #1:

I "deleted" the Building Sections marks from the first floor of a building.

The section marks still are shown on the second and upper floors.

I want some of these section marks to show up again on the first floor.

How do I put back these section marks that are still in the upper floors on the ground floor again?

Question #2:

Do Revit has a hassle free "Visibility Status Save" and "Visibility Status Restore" functions that can ease and quicken the restoring of visibility conditions like the AutoCAD Layer States within the same drawing that I am working with?

(i.e.., AutoCAD has the "Layer State Save" and "Layer State Restore" functions that makes the shifting of visible elements easy to change.  Do Revit has an equivalent function?)

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ryan.duell
in reply to: octavio2

1.  Were these unique views?  If you delete the section marker you are deleting the actual view unless it was referencing another view.  Either way you either have to place a new section marker to create a new view, or place a section marker and check Reference other view, and select the specific view to mark similar.

2.  Yes, you can achieve this with a Revit View Template.  When you have the element categories and view properties as desired, right-click on the view name in Project Browser > Create View Template from View  Then you can apply it to other views by right-clicking >Apply View Template…

You can hold the CTRL key to select more than one view at a time to apply the view template.

Thank you,

Ryan Duell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report