Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Requirement for Revit Architecture.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
akash1986
673 Views, 2 Replies

Hardware Requirement for Revit Architecture.

Hi there,

First of all, I am a newbie in this forum. So if my question does not fit here, pls. help me to get the right forum. 

I am planning to buy & install Revit Architecture software. I use a low config. machine with Pntm. dual core 2.66GHz, 4GB RAM & 32 bit XP without graphics card. So i want to opt for 2010 version for this config. Can anyone help me tell whether revit 2010 will run smoothly in the PC or will it be a problem. I know autodesk system requirment but i want yours personal experience.

Thanks in advance

Anirban

AM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: akash1986

If I recall correctly, the 2010 release of Revit Architecture was one that made the case for making 64-bit machines our standandard for running Revit.  I was working on a project in the 2009 release, that was a fitout of two floors of a project being done by another firm.  The base building team migrated to the 2010 release, so we had to do so as well.  The 32-bit machine I had at that time was not able to open the reflected ceiling views that had opened in the 2009 release.  This was for a fairly large hospital bed tower project; if you are doing smaller-scale work, you may be able to run Revit Architecture 2010 on a 32-bit machine with 4 GB ram.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
akash1986
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I am doing small residential double storied bldgs. So I think that shall not be a problem in 2010 version with that PC config.

Thanks David...

AM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report