Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! ABOUT TO LOSE ALL PLAN DETAILS

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
125 Views, 1 Reply

HELP! ABOUT TO LOSE ALL PLAN DETAILS

I made a duplicate copy of the main floor plan (included duplicate details) so that I could create a clerestory plan. I was at the point where I had already done all my plan details etc...

I went to create a new sheet of plan details and found a whole bunch of duplicates. I realized that I had made duplicates of all my floor plan details. I went to delete the new clerestory plan as it had no work done to it. It tells me that I have to delete all the reference views in order to delete the plan.

These details are on sheets and all laid out. I don't want to lose the details. How do I salvage all my work?

ugh....
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

First, the duplicate with detailing makes a copy of the view and any annotations that are placed on the view. If you actually copy/pasted the callouts and section tags you would get copies of those views without the detailing on them.

To create your clear story plan, you don't want to copy your original plan, you want to click, view>new>plan and select the level of your clearstory, this will set the cut height where you want it., Now if you need to ref. your details, you do a callout, and check the ref. view button in the options bar, then from the pull down, select the detail you wish to ref.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report