Revit Architecture

markthiele
Message 1 of 2 (378 Views)

HCL for Autodesk

378 Views, 1 Replies
09-14-2012 09:18 AM

I was looking at the HCL for AutoCAD and Revit and it gave me systems from vendors that were tested and compatible and then I also looked at just the graphics cards HCL.

I noticed when doing my searching for the machines that were tested, that the hardware in the machines doesn't always match what's on the Graphics Card HCL.  For example, the HP Elitebook 8460w.  In my searches for that specific machine, the graphics card is an AMD FirePro M3900.  That doesn't even show up on the graphics card HCL.

Am I missing something?

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 2 of 2 (332 Views)

Re: HCL for Autodesk

09-25-2012 08:26 AM in reply to: markthiele

Autodesk chose to test some graphics and hardware. To me it has created more issues then it is worth.

My graphics card does not show up and it says it is not compatible - but it works just fine. I  take so many phone calls with people in a panic because their graphics card and hardware is not on the autodesk website - revit is not going to work now... I have to explain that they will be fine.

Not everything is going to be tested - they have given some priority to certain ones - but as long as you can meet the requirements - your system should work perfectly fine.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube