Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HATCH

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
wolverine01
1065 Views, 10 Replies

HATCH

How can i create this kind of hatch on a wall. im trying to do the key stone, can someone help me on it

here is the link of what im trying to do. :http://screencast.com/t/pRN4krAtQy

thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Deioma
in reply to: wolverine01

You could do a "Splitface" of the arched area, and then draw the segments on with the "Model Line" tool.  The "Split Face" can help you remove the other hatch to clear the way for the "Model Lines".  First paint the separated area with the same color and texture of the wall surface.  Then draw on the "Model Lines".  You may also be able to remove the hatchlines in the separated arch area with the "Linework" tool, using the <invisable line> setting.

Message 3 of 11
subhra_civil

Hi,

I think in this purpose most easiest thing is create a "Create in Place Component" on that Arch profile and give different material as you wish. Please find the attached file for this purpose.

If solved your problem send me "Solved" and "Kudos".

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

Kolkata

India

Message 4 of 11
wolverine01
in reply to: Deioma

HI, sorry about the late answer, i've been working on it but there are some points that i don't understand. could you please do a small screen cast for me to aunderstand?

thanks verry much.
Message 5 of 11
wolverine01
in reply to: subhra_civil

hi subhra, i like your image, i a beginner and i dont know how to add the material on it. could you please send me a screen cast of the entire process for me to understand. 

thanks  you very much.

Message 6 of 11
subhra_civil

Hi,

How are you? Thanks for your reply and sorry for late reply. Please see the attached image files for Wall Material Assignment. Hope these will helpful for you.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep Sen

kolkata

India

Message 7 of 11
subhra_civil

Hi,

Please find the attached file.

Thanks & regards,

Subhradeep sen

kolkata

India

Message 8 of 11
wolverine01
in reply to: subhra_civil

sorry about the late reply, i've been doing everything gthat you asked me to do but still no working. i did a small video to show what i have and how it looks,i add the material and it still with some transparency and showing the objects that are behind it

here is the link:http://screencast.com/t/b6lfR26KH

thanks.

Message 9 of 11
Alisder.Brown

Wolverine

The reason it is transparent is because you have created an "in-place mass"

Delete the Mass you have

What you want to do is the following:

1. In an elevation view of the archway, on the Architecture tab, click the arrow underneath "Component" and choose "Model in-place"
  2. This will open up a window, Set the category to be "Walls" (this means it will act like walls, in regards to visibility settings etc.) and hit OK and give it a name (such as "Archway")
  3. This will take you into the "model in-place" enviroment. Your ribbon tabs will change, I would reccomend using an "Extrusion" from the create tab for this
  4. From the ribbon, sleect the option to "SET" workplane (from the workplane panel), choose the option to "Pick a plane" and select your archway wall face as the workplane (this means your wall will be the host for the archway)
  5. Sketch in the boundary of the archway
  6. Set the depth in the green options bar below your ribbon and set what material you wish to use from the properties
  7. Hit the green tick on the Ribbon to confirm the extrusion
  8. And hit the Green tick again to confirm you are finished the model in-place object
  9. If you want, draw in some Model lines for the brickwork (unless you have a nice material with hatch pattern to use)
  10. You could use a sweep instead of an extrusion and you will get the exact same result

See attached image for result

Alternatively, seeing as you have already made a Mass, you could apply a "wall by face" to it. To do this, first of all make a new wall type with 1 layer of w/e material you wish, and on the massing & site tab, select the option for "wall by face" and just click on the face of your mass.

Hope this helps

Alisder Brown
Senior BIM Coordinator
Scotland, UK

Message 10 of 11
wolverine01
in reply to: Alisder.Brown

hi, thank to all of you, Alisder your way of doing it help me a lot thanks, 

here an image of what i achieve:http://screencast.com/t/53o0UpdFWd  

thank you verry much.

Message 11 of 11
wolverine01

Hi everyone, could you help me to do this kind of effect when i have my visual style on hidden line, what i want is have the water texture and color showing it in hidden line.

here is an image of what i want to do;http://screencast.com/t/pOSdDjjRsnYe

thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report