Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HATCH PROBLEM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
789 Views, 3 Replies

HATCH PROBLEM

I am having difficulty working with how the shingle looks on my 3D view.

If I zoom close into the building the shingle works fine. However, when I zoom away from the building the shingle turns into a grey tone.

I want to be able to see the shingle detail when I am zoomed reasonably far away from the building.

Can somebody please advise how to show the shingle detail at a good distance from the building?

here is the link:http://screencast.com/t/THEMikM3PFkx

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rosskirby
in reply to: Anonymous

The problem is that Revit can't resolve that many lines so close together, which is what happens when you zoom out.  if they showed every individual line, you'd just get a big black mess, so once you zoom out past a certain point, Revit replaces the pattern with a solid gray tone.  There's not really anything you can do to fix it.  At that zoom level, you just can't see individual shingles.

Ross Kirby
Principal
Dynamik Design
www.dynamikdesign.com
Message 3 of 4

I wouldn't call it a Revit Problem....In AutoCAD you will have the same problem...It could be rather a screen resolution or graphic card "problem"

Anyway , if you will try to scale down a hatch surface , at a certain scale the hatch will turn into a a poche surface , black or other color color depending of the hatch color. I had this experience many times when I had to make catalogues presentation in which to appear plans at small scale.I had to redraw the plans so not to have black spots instead of hatches....

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

0k, thank you very much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report