Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gutters (sort of)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chris_pitt
1508 Views, 3 Replies

Gutters (sort of)

I'm working on an industrial building with multiple intermediate valley gutters and a surrounding parapet gutter.

I've made and applied profiles for both of the gutters which work fine until a get to the intersection of the profiles where they don't clean up (because, I understand, they can't).

To get over this I decided to "cut" the gutter short and create an infill piece, see attached images, which achieves the visual end I want.

That said, I don't think the infill piece is on the right Object Style and I'd like to know how to get it there (locially it needs to be on Roof, Gutter).  It was originally modelled as a Generic Model family.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: chris_pitt

Probably, it needs to leave it as Generic model, or maybe as Specialty Equipment. Unfortunately, you cannot change the category of the family to "Roof" or "Gutter".

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4
chris_pitt
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Noted.

What if I build the same componant in a Generic Model Roof Based family (or copy it in)?  Would that allow me to place it in the object style I want?

Regards

Christopher Alan Pitt

Frank Shaw Associates

Message 4 of 4
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: chris_pitt

No. It is not possible to change a family to Roof category or its subcategories, even if you start with a roof-based template. In that template, the roof is just the host.

I think the only way to make an custom object be classified in the "roof" category is by model in-place. But not "gutter", though.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report