Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "phase created" field to show up on schedule.

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
pete
5600 Views, 14 Replies

Getting "phase created" field to show up on schedule.

I've created different phases for different slab pours and have assigned a phase created parameter to each column according to pours.  When I created a structural coulmn schedule with "phase created" as a field I can't get anything to show up on the structural column schedule in th "phase created" field. I can't understand what i've not doneto make a value show up in this field.  I get values to show up for other fields in the schedule- e.g. volume, mark, type, column location mark, length, etc. but nmot "phase created".  What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Pete

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
ArthurMacLeod5818
in reply to: pete

Revit does not give you the phase created as a choice in setting up parameters for schedules, families, and tags. Don't know why. I think it is s useful set of data to work with.

I'm sure you could invest a lot of time to learn API to get at this data. For mere users we need numbers of requests to ask for it. It's on my wish list to Autodesk.

Arthur

Message 3 of 15
Alfredo_Medina

It is not clear in the original post how that "phase created" parameter was made. Was it a family parameter that you added in the structural column family? Was it a shared parameter in the same family? Was it a project parameter created in the schedule? If you provide that information it will be easier to detect why that value is not showing in the schedule. Also, be aware that a schedule can be assigned to show elements of one phase at a time, not several phases combined.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 4 of 15

I think the original poster, Pete, was looking to show a field called "Phase Created" to show in one master schedule. Yes, you have the choice of assigning phases to a schedule when setting up the schedude, but it will show only items of that phase.

I think Pete has some reason to show a schedule with mixed phases. It's not possible to assign a 'Phase Created. You don't get it as a choice of available fields in schedule setup. You also don't get to choose it as a category parameter in tag labels nor as a family parameter in families. The fun part is the data is there in the model item. You just can't access it. I also tried reaching it through shared parameters. Can't reach it there either. One reason I would like to access it is to automate my tags with a prefix to disinguish between existing and new model items to help the reader more easily comprenhend the drawings, i.e. (E) EXISTING MEMBER OR (N) NEW MEMBER. Sure, i could make a tag that would allow me to enter the phase into a variable, but it doesn't save me any time nor will it adjust to a phase change.

Arthur

Message 5 of 15

If the goal is to show all elements in the same table, then, do not use phases. Use a custom parameter for the date of pouring (text format), or a paramter for the phase (as an integer), or both, phase and date. But don't use the actual Phase feature.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 6 of 15
pete

Acceptable solution-thank you  .

Message 7 of 15
cbartlett

I would love to see this as a feature!

I've been creating month to month phased drawings of one of our projects. The drawing has to be updated as the schedule changes. This would be much easier if phases could be controlled by a schedule..

Message 8 of 15
loboarch
in reply to: cbartlett

@cbartlett wrote:

I would love to see this as a feature!

I've been creating month to month phased drawings of one of our projects. The drawing has to be updated as the schedule changes. This would be much easier if phases could be controlled by a schedule..

Wish GRANTED!  Revit 2014 can schedule "phase created" and "phase demolished" information.

schedule_phasing.png

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 9 of 15

Thank you. Makes me feel it's worth asking for wishes.

arthur

Message 10 of 15
Chris_Baze

Doesn't work for Multi-Category schedules? 😞

Message 11 of 15
prawsthorn
in reply to: loboarch

I've just seen your post but how do you actually add this to a schedule? I'm attemting to add the Phase created field in the creation of an Area schedule so that I have a combined area for existing Phase 1 and Phase 2.

Thanks. Paul Rawsthorn

Message 12 of 15
chrisplyler
in reply to: prawsthorn

@prawsthorn wrote:

I've just seen your post but how do you actually add this to a schedule? I'm attemting to add the Phase created field in the creation of an Area schedule so that I have a combined area for existing Phase 1 and Phase 2.

Thanks. Paul Rawsthorn

Pick it from the list of available Fields and add it to the list of scheduled Fields.

To get your schedule showing as you want, Sort by Phase Created with a Footer and a Blank Line. Format the Area field to Calculate Totals.

Message 13 of 15
prawsthorn
in reply to: chrisplyler

Hi Chris,

Thanks a mil for your efficient repsonse. Unfortunately it doesn't seem give me the option to choose phases from the list of fields when I'm creating a schedule of areas? Would I be able to create one myself?

I look forward to your reoponse.

Thank you.

Regards,

Paul Rawsthorn

Message 14 of 15
chrisplyler
in reply to: prawsthorn

I'm not sure what year revit version that Phase Created became a schedule field, but are you working in an older version? I'm in 2015 and it's in the list.

You could make a similar parameter, but I don't think there is any way to link it to the real one, meaning that it isn't going to auto-populate and instead you'll have to manually enter the phase for each slab.

Message 15 of 15
RileyBunn
in reply to: chrisplyler

Sorry this is an old thread but I have one more method to add to the discussion. We are phasing a project where many scheduled items (e.g. finishes, certain doors) are to be included in multiple, but not necessarily all, phased schedules.

1. We created shared Yes/No parameters for the project called Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3... and assigned them to pretty much everything.

2. When required, we pull those parameters into a schedule, check the appropriate boxes, and add a filter.

Most categories never require it. Right now we're using it on Sheets, Finishes, Wall Types, and Doors (if a hardware type gets changed between phases.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report