Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Roof Soffit To Have Same Rafter Cut As Roof?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jledgewood409
1492 Views, 3 Replies

Get Roof Soffit To Have Same Rafter Cut As Roof?

I would like to have the roof soffit that is at the same pitch as the roof to have an end cut same as the rafter/ roof. I am attaching a screen shot of what I am talking about

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi There!  Thank you for posting in the Autodesk Technical Support forum.

In order to adjust your rafter, soffit and associated settings you will want to:

> select the roof

> select construction type properties

> In this properties menu box (positioned on the left side of your screen) you can adjust the rafter cut or the depth, also within these properties you will see the changes to be made for fascia depth, cut, ridge, etc.

This video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vD5NwXgMVM) can visually guide you along.

Please feel free to view the tutorial in its entirety, but your specific section is at the 6:30 mark titled "Fine-Tuning Roof Edges"

After reviewing your image example I believe this tutorial will be your best guide to resolving your soffit, roof and rafter questions. 

Please feel free to reach out with any additional questions you may have.

Best regards,

Vanessa Hall
Autodesk Support Team

Vanessa Hall

Message 3 of 4

Vanessa,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I actually watched the entire video. What I am looking for is soffit related. I did not see anything on that.

I can get the soffit to pitch the same angle as the roof but the end cut of the soffit doesn’t keep with the end cut of the roof. It protrudes past the roof.

I believe in my original post I attached an image of what I am talking about. If not I can send the image to you.

Message 4 of 4
jmac
in reply to: vanessa.hall

What ends up needing to happen is having to model 2 unique soffits, one with a slope and one without.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report