Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geodetic vs. Datum

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
paul
843 Views, 2 Replies

Geodetic vs. Datum

I need something explained to me. I can't figure out how shared and project coordinates work. I have a new automall project going where we have two new dealerships going up. I created the topography for the entire automall as one project and then linked and published the coordinates into each dealership project.

The problem is I want the level tags to show the main floor elevation at 100' datum. Right now they show the elevation at the geodetic height.

I tried to use the "Relocate Project" command under the Setting menu, this moved the dealership but not the topography. I then went to the elevation view and used the "Move" command to lower the topography. But if I do this to the second dealership, which sits at a different geodetic height I noticed that moving the topography affects the other dealership as well. One building is always "floating".

How do I change these things so my level tags show datum but my spot elevation show geodetic?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Steve_Stafford
in reply to: paul

The key is to manage this in the site project. Linking the buildings into the site project and positioning them in the x and y is part of the equation. Did you also set them at their correct elevation? This is just a matter of moving them up or down in a section or elevation view in the site project. If you did, publishing the coordinates to the building files should make them aware of their true elevation.

The last part is to set up level types that use shared versus project elevations. Once you have these two types you pick which one you want to show.

You can also link the site file into the building files so you can show the site in context with the building and the site will "know" how it is supposed to align as long as you import using shared coordinates.

Check out the help doc's for shared positioning.
Message 3 of 3
ian.shafer
in reply to: Steve_Stafford

Steve,

I have successfully established the shared coordinates between the site and building models, however I am unable to get the project datum to read anything but:

project = 0

share = true geodedic.

Obviously I am missing the final step so that my Project Datum reads 100000(mm).  Can you clue me in?

Ian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report