Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Model Pattern Based

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dedsresende
3152 Views, 4 Replies

Generic Model Pattern Based

Hi, I'm projecting a full brise soleil facade, and I was thinking in doing it with some generic model pattern based.

I've already locked all the references, but it continues loosing some vertical reference, like the attached pics.

Please, can someone show me my mistakes, has anyone experienced somethingt like that?

Thanks a lot!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

It could be done so as you propose..but I'd prefer to use A Curtain System applied to a Mass Element modeled in place.

Empty System Panel - Empty and the mullions onliy on one direction as brise soleil blades...I used this method and it was quick and easy..

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 3 of 5

I didn't understand it very well, isn't the mullion family a profile family? How can I use a nested family inside a mullion family?

Message 4 of 5

after opening a new Family using Generic Model Pattern Base , place a point in the middle of 1-2 segment (between points 1 and 2) and one point in the middle of 3-4. Draw a Reference Line that conects theese two mid points.

In my oppinion here can be the problem.:

...Select the grid ( in 3d view click on the border)...in Properties you will see :

DIMENSIONS: Horzontal Spacing and Vertical Spacing...increase there values and apply,,,doing this you will check if the Refence Line you have drawn, realy stays on the contur....if it doesn.t  align and lock it 

If the flexion is ok the insertion in the prokect it is also ok

In the attached image you can see an example of bris soleil made with Modern Patern Base and one with Curtain Wall (in this case the blade-mullion can only be an extruded shape)

Constantin Stroescu

EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Nice, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report