Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Contractors- As built Model/ Construction model

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
andersonst
1224 Views, 6 Replies

General Contractors- As built Model/ Construction model

Are there any General contractors on here? If so have any of you created an as-built model using Revit? Have any of you created a Construction Model?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AJA14
in reply to: andersonst

Hi. I am not in contracting, but as far as your question, you to be able to do that, you need to make use of two things:

- Parts

- Assemblies

These are the main areas you need to look into in addition to being able to create schedules efficiently and as such you would need to learn more about tagging, families, and shared parameters.

Personally, I have done something of that sort but on a small scale. It becomes much harder once the scale becomes larger and the structure more complex. Hope this makes it more clear.

By the way, another area you might need to look into is phases as this might come in handy in some construction projects.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 3 of 7
andersonst
in reply to: AJA14

Thanks, 

However I am talking about creating a model from the architect and subcontractors to use for coordination. As for the as-built model i am refering to providing the owner with a model once the project is complete.

Thanks again,

Message 4 of 7
andersonst

Bump.

So no one has any experience with creating or receiving a record model? Any insight would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Message 5 of 7
AJA14

Hi. I am still unable to understand what you mean by an as-built model by the architect and sub-contractors.

Like I said before:

1- The original model will be done by the consultant and provided to the contractor and subcontractor.

2- The architect can then take that model and modify it to become an as-built model by using phases or by simply providing an as-built revision issue with revision clouds to show which areas have changed.

3- The subcontractors can do the same to add their elements to the model.

4- All these models can later on by linked together and presented to the client.

Now, if you have any specific issue then please make it clear so that we may try to further assist you.

Regards.

P.S.: You can create several revision issues for each subcontractor which can in the end be merged into one final as built revision. The same could be done for phases.

Ali Al-Hammoud
Structural Design Engineer
MZ & Partners Engineering Consultancy
Message 6 of 7
roydavid809

there are many experienced general contractors you can visit this website of remodeling

great work they have done 

Message 7 of 7
s.borello

Not a general but in the electrical world.  Just worked on a project where we delivered a RVT as-built electrical model and an NWC model.  The general contractor takes all the sub-contractor models and appends them to a Navisworks model of the entire building with all trades - this coordination as-built was then sent to the client.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report