Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garage Floor Drain Family

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kate_vanhout
662 Views, 3 Replies

Garage Floor Drain Family

I would like to create a family for our garage floor drain... I would like to be able to place the family on the main/garage level floor plan but I would also like it to show up on the foundation plan, but without putting another family on the foundation plan because I only want 1 garage floor drain to show up in my schedules.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this!?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

A family with a vertical invisible line, maybe controlled by a parameter to adjust as per the depth of the foundation, will show the fixture at the level of placement, and also at the lower level, and will report just once in the schedule.

12-6-2012 7-24-46 PM.jpg

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 4

Thanks so much!! 🙂 that work like a charm.  Is there any possible way to make something different show up on the basement? forinstance, We show our garage doors looking like a garage door on the main level, but then just a hatch in the concrete in the basement.  Is there a way to make that work!?

Message 4 of 4

I don't know. Keep in mind that it is the same family, shown in two different levels, so whatever changes you do to the family, will be shown in both levels. If you hide or show anything on the foundation plan, that is going to be shown or hidden in the level above as well.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report