Revit Architecture

Distinguished Contributor
kate_vanhout
Message 1 of 4 (299 Views)
Accepted Solution

Garage Floor Drain Family

299 Views, 3 Replies
12-06-2012 02:58 PM

I would like to create a family for our garage floor drain... I would like to be able to place the family on the main/garage level floor plan but I would also like it to show up on the foundation plan, but without putting another family on the foundation plan because I only want 1 garage floor drain to show up in my schedules.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this!?

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 2 of 4 (293 Views)

Re: Garage Floor Drain Family

12-06-2012 04:27 PM in reply to: kate_vanhout

A family with a vertical invisible line, maybe controlled by a parameter to adjust as per the depth of the foundation, will show the fixture at the level of placement, and also at the lower level, and will report just once in the schedule.

12-6-2012 7-24-46 PM.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog
Distinguished Contributor
kate_vanhout
Message 3 of 4 (268 Views)

12-07-2012 05:50 AM in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Thanks so much!! :smileyhappy: that work like a charm.  Is there any possible way to make something different show up on the basement? forinstance, We show our garage doors looking like a garage door on the main level, but then just a hatch in the concrete in the basement.  Is there a way to make that work!?

*Expert Elite*
Alfredo_Medina
Message 4 of 4 (256 Views)

12-07-2012 06:56 AM in reply to: kate_vanhout

I don't know. Keep in mind that it is the same family, shown in two different levels, so whatever changes you do to the family, will be shown in both levels. If you hide or show anything on the foundation plan, that is going to be shown or hidden in the level above as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Planta1 Revit Online Consulting | info@planta1.com | my Twitter | The Planta1 Blog

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube