Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flooring Help

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RakasaPlus
184 Views, 4 Replies

Flooring Help

I'm just a novice when it comes to this program, a student in High school so I'm not very familiar with it.

Why is it that when I change one floor's surface (tile,carpet, ect.) and then make a seperate floor on the same floor but with a different surface, it changes BOTH floors like they are instances of eachother?

How can I add a surface to individual floors on the same level? Ex. Carpet in living room, Tile in Bathroom

Thanks in advanced.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfredo_Medina
in reply to: RakasaPlus

The floor (the slab) should be modeled separately, as a structural element. Then, the finish floor (ceramic tile, etc) should be modeled on top of the slab, as an architectural element. Now you can have different floors on each room, if necessary. There is another method with just hatch patterns, etc, but since you're learning, learn it the right way from the beginning.

Alfredo Medina _________________________________________________________________ ______
Licensed Architect (Florida) | Freelance Instructor | Autodesk Expert Elite (on Revit) | Profile on Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
RakasaPlus
in reply to: Alfredo_Medina

Well i've been doing that, I don't know it used to work with level one but not it's acting like both floors are one slab. It's strange..

Message 4 of 5
loboarch

You need to have 2 different floor types that are assigned 2 materials.  Otherwise a change to one flooors' material will chang ethe other floor of the same type.

Jeff Hanson
Principal Content Experience Designer
Revit Help |
Message 5 of 5
parveen.revit

you should create duplicate floor type and then apply different finish/materials.

Parveen_Intec_Infocom (BIM, CAD, GIS, QS Services' Provider)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report