Revit Architecture

Drogo_Baggins1
Message 1 of 3 (247 Views)

Flat roof problem

247 Views, 2 Replies
01-16-2013 08:34 AM

I am creating a plan of an existing flat roof.  The building is rectangular but has a large notch on one long side so the plan is kind of u-shaped.  The slope is to the center with a single valley.  When I put a split line down the middle it creates plans and valleys to the sides of the notch.  How can I eliminate these planes? The entire north half slopes to the center.  When I set the sides to "define slope" I get "slab edit failed" message. 

Note, the south hatched section is a mansard style clay tile roof.  There are parapets at the corners that wrap into the roof.  How to I notch the sloped roof?

*Expert Elite*
LisaDrago
Message 2 of 3 (200 Views)

Re: Flat roof problem

01-18-2013 05:40 AM in reply to: Drogo_Baggins1

Hello - is the attached image what you are looking for?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
Drogo_Baggins1
Message 3 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: Flat roof problem

01-18-2013 07:54 AM in reply to: LisaDrago

No.  I did achieve the look I need by changing several lines "invisible".  See attached plan and difference to my original. 

This will be acceptable for my roof repair project but the extra planes are still there and if/when I need to create building sections or details the roof is incorrectly created and will cause problems.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.